Asked by: Sehila Uttkeasked in category: General Last Updated: 7th June, 2020
How do you use the Vicks vaporizer for babies?
In this way, how do you use a Vicks vaporizer?
The Vicks Vaporizer is easy to use.
- Fill the water container to the MAX water level.
- For added comfort, pour Vicks VapoSteam Inhalant or Vicks VapoSteam Double Strength directly into the water or into the vaporizer cup.
- Place the vaporizer into position.
- Plug in and switch on power.
Similarly, where do you put Vicks on a baby? Vicks VapoRub should only be used on children ages two years and up. Vicks BabyRub may be used on babies three months and up. Gently massage on the chest, neck, and back to help soothe and comfort your baby.
Similarly, why is Vicks not safe for babies?
Parents should not apply Vicks VapoRub, the salve used to relieve symptoms of cough and congestion, to children under the age of two, doctors warn. “Infants and young children have airways that are much narrower than those of adults, so any increase in mucus or inflammation can narrow them more severely.”
How do you decongest a baby?
Here are eight ways to help your congested baby breathe — so you can, too:
- Get to the Root of the Problem.
- Use Saline Drops.
- Suction With a Bulb Syringe.
- Take a Steamy Bath.
- Run a Cool Mist Humidifier.
- Keep Your Baby Hydrated.
- Keep Your Baby Upright.
- Avoid Irritants.