Asked by: Cyrstal Bouhoutasked in category: General Last Updated: 28th February, 2020
Do Shrews damage lawns?
In this way, how do you get rid of shrews in your yard?
How to Get Rid of Shrews
- Place shrew-hospitable shelters away from your garden area.
- Rake up leaves and foliage.
- Move all brick and firewood stacks into your garage.
- Mow your lawn on a regular basis (shrews are attracted to tall grass.)
- Clear away overgrown shrubs and low-hanging tree limbs.
Beside above, are shrews a problem? These ferocious little predators rarely infest homes or other structures but when they do can cause big issues. Shrews have been known to attack family pets, contaminate food with feces and urine, and emit an awful stench.
Also Know, do Shrews make tunnels?
Shrews are outdoor pests that tunnel in residential yards. They either create burrows of their own or use the vacated nests of other pests such as moles and chipmunks. Gardens are popular places to find holes, and shrews often uproot plants while digging.
Do shrews eat grass?
Shrews are insectivores, feeding off of small insects, worms, centipedes, snails, slugs, and woodlice. Shrews live underground, but will travel above ground and can frequently be seen scurrying through tunnel-like runways in the grass. The are constantly on the move and are constantly eating.